BridgeWay North American School was birthed out of the efforts and sacrifice of Mexicans, Canadians, and Americans of three organizations, including the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada and its international workers in Mexico City, Rick and Susan Kilbrai. They are opening their doors for classes on August 22nd!
BrideWay’s Director, David Brownrigg, wrote recently:
I am writing to all of you at this hour to request extra prayer. I say that because I know you are all praying for BridgeWay at all times. This Friday we will have our initial visit from SEP [Mexican School Board] starting at 9:00 for the PreSchool grades and 12:00 for the Primary grades inspection. I am guessing from past visits that the visit will last 5 or 6 hours on Friday. This is cause for celebration on our part, but not on the part of our enemy. Thanks for your prayers. Together we will proclaim God’s victory when the visit is over!
A few stats:
- 26 students are signed up (they would love to have 75 or more)
- currently there are 2 out of 6 expat (Canadian/American) teachers, and 7 out of 12 Mexican teachers
- $44,000 out of $150,000 needed for this year has been raised
Ways to pray:
- Pray for all the legal, administrative, and financial processes, including the extremely important SEP School Board visit this Friday. The process is extremely complicated and they need to do everything pretty much perfectly as a new school.
- Pray for David (director) and Gina (Mexican director) along with Ana (admin assistant), Cristina (lawyer) and Virgina (administrative school consultant). May they have great wisdom, energy, and favour in all they do.
- Pray that more students would be registered, and that parents would trust this new school of ours.
- Pray that the needed finances would be raised to cover the first year operational loss.
Thanks for your continued faithfulness in standing in the gap with BridgeWay!