The Canadian Pacific District (CPD) of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) in Canada is seeking a Mission Mobilizer (MM) to be a catalytic resource for our congregations, our licensed workers, and our international workers, supporting all three in their ministry of multiplying mission-focused disciples.
Mobilizing the church for mission is an essential part of every leader’s role in the C&MA as we seek to live out our Vision Prayer:
O God, with all our hearts, we long for You. Come, transform us to be Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered, Mission-focused people, multiplying disciples everywhere.
The CPD Mission Mobilizer will:
Teach and Inspire
Help us deepen our understanding of God’s heart for lost people, and of our shared vision as a C&MA family to multiply disciples of Jesus in Canada and among least-reached peoples of the world.
Help us expand and deepen our involvement in missional activities such as intercessory prayer, short term missions, missional engagement and partnerships, International Worker support, Global Advance Fund and Canadian Ministries giving, and other forms of outward-focused ministry.
Ensure the Stories are Told
Help us communicate and celebrate our missional progress together.
The MM will train, coach, and support a wide variety of leaders, including pastors and mission leaders in local congregations, International Workers, District leaders, and Global Ministries team leaders, so that our missional efforts are focused, aligned, and impactful.
Core Competencies and Experience
- International ministry experience
- A coherent and compelling biblical theology of mission with the ability to articulate it
- Strong communication skills
- Evidence of ability to build teams, develop effective systems, create initiatives, and inspire people
- Effectively balances prayerful reflection, ministry development, and a bias towards action
- A desire to champion the missional work of the C&MA throughout our 5 “S” regions (Caribbean Sun, Desert Sand, Silk Road, Asian Spice, and Sea-to-Sea, that is, Canada)
- A love and respect for the local church and its missional calling
- Values and embraces high-impact partnerships within and beyond the C&MA
- Administrative capacity and comfort with MS Office, internet, email, virtual meetings, and digital file sharing
The successful candidate will hold a portable license in the C&MA or be capable of being so licensed.
The MM will report directly to the District Superintendent of the CPD, will serve as a member of the CPD Lead Team, and will be based in the District Office in Surrey, BC.
For the MM job description and additional details, click here.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Errol Rempel, District Superintendent of the Canadian Pacific District, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: No resumes will be received after February 28, 2019.