You may have seen the new look of the C&MA! The common name is changing to “The Alliance Canada”, however, the official name will continue to be The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada.
There are a few reasons for this change:
- The length of the official name is challenging to use in many digital contexts.
- The official name is rarely pronounced in full and many simply refer to us as “The Alliance”, “Alliance”, or the “C&MA”.
- “The Alliance Canada,” together with our cross, laver, pitcher, and crown logo make for a strong first impression to those outside looking in.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The official name is not changing! You will see this name on official documents, policies, tax receipts, etc., however, the logo with this name will no longer be in use.
- The logo files and brand guidelines are available on the MyAlliance resource portal. Click here to login or sign-up.
The National Ministry Centre is asking each church to replace the former logo with the new logo. This could be on a webpage, a membership booklet, a certificate, etc. Please note that while this change is requested, there is no deadline for it to be completed.
If you need any assistance, please reach out to the National Ministry Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.