District Conference is a biennial meeting for licensed workers and church delegates in the Pacific District. This year, our annual Equip training event is being held in conjunction with District Conference.
The Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Pacific District will also be held during District Conference.
Equip is open to the public this year and there are two unique sessions. One session is an interview with David Hearn, President of The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada, and one session led by Michelle Derksen, and Mardi Dolfo-Smith is on conflict engagement.
David Hearn will also be speaking at the evening public service on March 14th.
Date and Time
May 14, 2019 - May 15, 2019
Vernon Alliance Church
2601 43rd Avenue Vernon, BC
Tuesday, May 1411:00am Check-in OpensLunch (on your own)1:00pm Equip Session #12:30pm Break3:00pm Equip Session #24:30pm Equip concludesDinner (on your own)7:00pm Evening Service8:30pm Dessert Reception
Wednesday, May 158:!5am Check-in & Continental Breakfast9:00am Business Session10:15am Coffee Break10:45am Business Session12:00pm Lunch (provided)1:00pm Business Session3:00pm Conclusion
Accommodations are not included. If you require accommodations, there are many hotels in Vernon, and several potential options are listed below:
Please note that we do not have any discounted rooms or room blocks reserved.
Cost: $99 per person
Registration fees include all Equip sessions and a dessert reception on May 14th, as well as a continental breakfast and lunch on May 15th. Hotel, travel, and all other meals are not included.
Registration deadline is May 7, 2019.
Accredited Voting Delegates (those with debating and voting rights)
- All official workers of the CPD
- Churches who have adopted the Local Church Constitution of the C&MA in Canada may be represented by two lay delegates appointed by the Board of Elders. If the active membership is 150 or more, another lay delegate may be sent for each additional 100 members or fraction thereof.
- Churches who have adopted the Constitution for Developing Churches of the C&MA in Canada may be represented by one lay delegate appointed by the District Superintendent after consultation with the Advisory Committee
- Lay members of the District Executive Committee (DEXCOM)
- Lay leaders of District ministries appointed by DEXCOM
- Members of the Board of Directors of the C&MA in Canada residing in the CPD
- International Workers on home assignment residing in the CPD
Lay delegates appointed by their Board of Elders or Advisory Council are required to submit a completed Lay Delegate Certification Form prior to District Conference to confirm their voting rights. Please submit forms to email@example.com.
Corresponding Delegates (those without debating or voting rights)
- Members of member churches of the C&MA in Canada attending District Conference may be admitted as corresponding delegates
- Emeritus workers of the CPD