Is your church sponsoring refugees and helping them settle into life in Canada?
There are two organizations that can help!
Settlement 360 equips and guides your church or group through a year of resettling a refugee family. They can help you:
- understand the basics of sponsorship, establish leadership, and create a settlement plan
- establish a volunteer program, suggest areas for fundraising and team building
- provide practical tools and training for the family’s first six weeks in Canada
- transition through the first year
- assess the impact your help is having
- provide feedback tools for the sponsored family
Journey Home Community welcomes refugees into community by offering housing, settlement support, and relational care. They can provide:
- expertise in understanding the refugee’s journey
- training and orientation for church volunteers
- providing contacts in the community for resources (work permits, ESL, etc.)
- ongoing mentoring and coaching
Contact these organizations directly for more information on how their expertise can help you as you sponsor refugees!