Surrey Christian Alliance Church (SCAC) began in 1997 with the desire to reach Chinese-speaking new immigrants of Canada in North Surrey. Since moving to the neighbourhood of Fraser Heights in 2005, our desire is to reach people of all nations. We currently have two services, with approximately 150 attendees for the Mandarin/Cantonese service, and approximately 50 attendees for the English service, comprised mostly of 1st and 2nd generation immigrants.
Our vision is to honour God and see people transformed by the gospel to live fully for Jesus. We seek to remain united as one church changed by Jesus and sent to impact the world with the Gospel. We are a family united in desire and joy to glorify God.
The English Ministry Pastor will develop, implement, and oversee the administration of a disciple-making strategy in the English congregation along with a focus on youth ministry.
The English Ministry Pastor will be primarily responsible for building this body of Christ in the following areas: fellowships, Sunday school, and Sunday worship services. In addition, the English Ministry Pastor will develop and oversee a ministry to care for the congregation members and reach the neighbourhood the church resides in. All these work together to the purpose of making disciples who will be sent to the world.
Current Areas of the English Ministry to Oversee:
- English Ministry Lead Team
- Sunday worship service
- Sunday School, and Fellowships for Youth, College, and Adults
Lead the English Ministry Spiritually and Strategically:
- Lead yourself and others by first meeting with the Lord and those who will sharpen you and care for you emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually
- Lead the English congregation by loving, serving, and caring for them (shepherding)
- Develop and implement an annual strategic plan to help make disciples and help others (neighbours and beyond) know Jesus, and lead the English Ministry Lead Team towards the implementation of the strategic plan
- Work with the Senior Pastor, Board Members, and Deacons in developing, praying, and leading the church in pursuit of its vision
Plan and Prepare for Effective Ministry:
- Plan and prepare for any meetings with Senior Pastor, Board Members and Deacons, English Ministry Lead Team, congregation members, etc
- Plan and prepare a sermon to preach during Sunday worship service
- Dedicate time to further knowledge about the Bible and emerging issues by attending Christian leadership conferences and reading books
Education and experience helpful in being successful in this position:
- Theological Training – Minimum of Master of Divinity degree from an accredited evangelical seminary, or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of experience in pastoral ministry is desired, but not required
- Experience or understanding in working with an honour-shame based culture and 1st and 2nd generation immigrants or, willingness to learn by taking missionary classes on contextualizing the Gospel
- Ability to speak and communicate in Mandarin would be an asset
- Experience leading teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to all generations
- Strong comfort with using technology and social media
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Joshua Yeung at email@example.com.