We are pleased to announce that Rev. Daren Wride will succeed Gerry Teichrob as the next Transitional Pastors Network Coordinator in partnership with Canadian Pacific District (CPD) as of July 1, 2018. For the past ten years, Gerry Teichrob has served in partnership with the CPD in this ministry role. During this time, Gerry and Daren have worked together closely in numerous transitional assignments. Daren and Gerry will work together in an intentional succession plan from January to June 2018, and Daren will assume full responsibility as of July 1, 2018.
Major responsibilities of this partnership include:
- Development and oversight of the Transitional Pastors Network
- Recruitment of potential transitional pastors
- Training and coaching for transitional pastors
- Presenting the ministry of transition to interested CPD churches at the request of the District or Assistant District Superintendent
- Working with the District team in supporting churches in transition
- Gerry Teichrob will continue to serve CPD churches as a transitional pastor as well as pursue his interests in helping churches with succession planning, effective governance, and coaching for board chairs
Daren Wride has been serving in transitional roles since 2011. He has been on the ground as Transitional Pastor in four churches around the province and has engaged as a Transitional Coach with several other churches. Prior to his transitional work, Daren pastored three churches in Alberta and BC for a total of nearly 20 years. Daren has also spent some time in the professional speaking and internet marketing worlds and usually has a related project on the go. Daren and his wife Kristin are currently in Prince George in a Transitional Pastor role at Timbers Community Church. He is also serving as
Transitional Coach for Terrace Alliance Church.