Criminal Record Checks
If you are a licensed worker in the CPD, you are required to have a current criminal record check in your personnel file at the District Office. A criminal record check should:
- be completed through your local RCMP or police detachment
- include a vulnerable sector check
- be submitted to the District Office once complete
- be completed every 3 years
Please note that criminal record checks completed through other sources such as myBackCheck or the Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP) will not be accepted due to the following reasons:
- Criminal record checks completed through myBackCheck are not as thorough as those completed through the RCMP or your local police.
- The Ministry of Justice itself has recommended to us that all official workers go through the RCMP or their local police for a criminal record check.
- While CRRP checks are as thorough as those done through the RCMP or local police, they do not disclose as much information as RCMP and local police checks do.
- While each church may determine how they screen volunteers, paid leaders should be examples in trustworthiness and transparency and as such, a more thorough check sets a higher standard.
If you have any questions about criminal record checks, please contact the District Office.