Licensing with the Christian and Missionary Alliance
If you feel God has called you into ministry and wish to work in the C&MA, the next step is to begin the licensing process.
Requirements for approval for licensing include:
- An adequate foundational working knowledge of the Bible and biblical theology
- Display of a godly character
- A consistent Christian lifestyle
- A keen sense of mission
- Full agreement with the doctrines and teachings of the C&MA in Canada
- A successful interview with members of the Licensing and Ordination Committee
The licensing process, for all persons serving in a paid ministry role at least 15 hours weekly, is a necessary prelude to placement in ministry in the Christian & Missionary Alliance in Canada. A paid ministry role is defined by our Alliance Manual as “a primary focus on meeting the spiritual needs of people and/or providing church leadership.”
Candidates desiring to become licensed should contact Karen at the District Office to request an application packet. For those who reach the candidating process, the completion of a Grip Birkman assessment will be required. A processing fee for licensing will apply as follows:
- $100 for potential lead pastors, which covers a full Grip Birkman assessment
- $50 for all other potential staff pastors, which covers a modified assessment
When the completed application materials are received from the applicant, an interview will be scheduled with members of the Licensing and Ordination Committee.
A church may choose to have a preliminary conversation with a candidate prior to candidating, but any steps toward hiring should only be taken with the qualifier of successful completion of the licensing process prior to hiring.
Download the Licensing Policy for more information.