Licensing with The Christian and Missionary Alliance
If you feel God has called you into ministry and wish to work in the C&MA, the next step is to begin the licensing process. The licensing process is a necessary requirement prior to placement in ministry in the C&MA for all persons serving 15 hours per week or more in a paid local church ministry role. Local church ministry is defined in the C&MA Manual as having “a primary focus on meeting the spiritual needs of people and/or providing church leadership.”
A church may choose to have a preliminary conversation with a candidate prior to candidating, however, successful completion of the licensing process is a prerequisite to hiring.
Requirements for approval for licensing include:
- Foundational working knowledge of the Bible and biblical theology
- Display of godly character and a consistent Christian lifestyle
- A keen sense of mission
- Full agreement with the doctrines and teachings of the C&MA in Canada
- Completion of the application package
- Completion of a Grip-Birkman assessment
- Payment of a Grip-Birkman fees
- A successful interview with the Licensing and Ordination Committee
Candidates who are in a conversation with a C&MA church and are desiring to become licensed should contact the District Office to request an application package. Once all completed application materials are received from the applicant, an interview will be scheduled with members of the Licensing and Ordination Committee.
$110 for a full assessment for potential lead pastors
$75 for a modified assessment for potential staff pastors
Download the Licensing Policy for more information.